Krabi is a Town on the west coast of southern Thailand at the mouth of the Krabi River into the Andaman Sea. As of 2005 the town has a population of 24,986. The town is the capital of Krabi Province and Krabi district.
Krabi is famous for its other nearby tourist attraction such as :Ko Phi Phi, Railay Beach, Ao Nang, Had Yau, Ko Jum, Phuket and Ko Lanta.
Nightlife in Krabi may not as crowded as its neighbour Phuket. in Krabi you will not find beer bars, a go go bars, or sexy female lady boy to offer their services. Even in town, most of the bars are relaxed, open-air cafes, often with a giant screen showing the latest Thai pop videos, or Premiership football games. Live music is also popular here, with Thai bands regularly performing covers of local and western hits.
Krabi has two night markets. Some stall open on Chao Fan pier, but the real market is just off Thanon Sukhon opposite the city hotel. It's populated by locals and tourist alike - and so avoids the worst excesses of place like the Patpong night market in Bangkok. We were especially impressed by the range of local produce and cooking. Stalls were displayed with a real sense of pride. By taking a little from a stall you can enjoy a good paradial grazing session.
But there are still a lot of various bars and pubs can be found in Krabi town and nearby.
Bars in Krabi Town
1. Crazy Pub: a live music pub with load house band and good DJs. 90% Thai crowd but also some tourists. Majharat Rd, just past Shell Station opposite Grennery Hotel.
2. Wild West Bar:Rasta Hideout:O'Mallery's:Gekco Bar::
All on Chafa road on the all within shouting distance of each other ... partiers go from krabi bar to the next here.
Bars on Koh Lanta
1. Ibark: Tribal, House, Trance, and Psy-Trance party scene up on a hill behind Klong Nin beach.
2. Otto's: Klong Nin beach.
3. Opium: Long Beach.
4. Funky Fish: Long Beach.
Bars on Phi Phi Island
1. Apache: vertigo-inducing tiered bar along Ton Sai Bay.
2. Reggae Bar: In Ton Sai Village.
Bars in Ao Nang
1. The Last Fisherman: beautiful, classic beach bar, with tables on the sand and a bar keep under a thatch roof and a good selection of cocktails. At the far end of Ao Nang Beach, past Golden Beach Resort.
2. Luna Bar: another beach bar, with a thai disco atmosphere, offering pool tables and DJs. Only fills up after midnight. On Nopparat Thara Beach road, just after the bridge from Ao Nang.
3. The Irish Rover: farang pub, serving draught Guinness. A good place to read the English papers, or watch the sport. In Ao Nang.
Bars in Railay Beach
1. Gecko Bar: reggae bamboo shack on the East Railey beach. Complete with lots of Thai rastas with dreadlocks.
2. Coco Bar: Koh Pu refugee Billy is now on Rai Ley. He's a chiill'n
3. Freedom Bar: veed 4 vou. On Ton Sai Beach, across from Railay West.
4. Bobo's: a quiet beach bar Good place to watch the sunsets. Bobo's is on Railay West Beach.
Bars in Loung Muang
1. Irish Rover :: located in Klong Muang. A good place to drink and over priced draft in the middle of nowhere if you are an old fat expat.
A beautiful Phi Phi Island at Thailand
Crazy Pub at 98/4 Maharaj Road Muang Krabi Thailand
Mixer Pub at 102 Sudmongkon Road, Muang Krabi
Phi Phi Nightlife
Watch Bars and Pubs at Ao Nang Area, Krabi Phi Phi Island video here